Ways to Green and Re-claim Land in Your Community, March 10, 2015 from 5:30-8 P.M.
On March 10, 2015, from 5:30-8 P.M., the Law Center’s Garden Justice Legal Initiative is teaming up with the New Kensington Community Development Corporation, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and the Healthy Foods Green Spaces coalition to get into the nitty gritty of legal land access and preservation for gardens, opens spaces and vacant property to beautify our neighborhoods. Get your ticket today!
- The latest on the Land Bank, Sidelots, Sheriff’s Sales, Conservatorship, Adverse Posession and other mechanisms for preservation
- Starting a non-profit, community organizing and building alliances
- Starting a community garden
- Addressing tangled titles
- Navigating the zoning process
- Soil safety and connecting to water
- Storm water management
Welcome remarks from Seventh District Councilwoman Maria Quiñones-Sánchez!
Contact Michaela at 215-427-0350 x125 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions